DISCOVER THE PUBLIC SERVICE, IRELAND’S LARGEST EMPLOYER
THE PITCH IS NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
THE PUBLICJOBS.IE SCHOOLS ADVERTISING CHALLENGE
ABOUT THE PITCH
The PublicJobs.ie Schools Advertising Challenge is a fun way to challenge your students to express their creative, digital and communication skills while learning about future career opportunities in the public sector.
To enter, students must create a 30 second video advertisement pitching the public sector as an attractive career pathway for their fellow students. Students may decide to:
- Pick someone you know who works in the public sector and pitch/sell their career path and role.
- Promote a specific public sector role that you are interested in, learned about or researched.
- Surprise us! Profile a role that no one expects to find in the public sector.
- Show the range of opportunities and the many benefits of a career in the public sector.
Not only will this challenge encourage peer-to-peer learning as part of a whole school approach to guidance, but The Pitch is also a fantastic team-building activity for all students to enjoy. Students can enter the competition individually or in groups of up to six.
Download the Pitch Competition Kit, where you can find teacher guidelines as well as classroom resources to assist students in preparing entries for the competition such as exploring careers, scripting, storyboarding and tip sheets for filming.
Why not check out a full suite of lesson plans, student info and careers profiles on our website such as paramedics, engineers and customs dog handlers? Designed by guidance counsellors in partnership with publicjobs.ie, these resources will help you and your students explore the public sector further, including the numerous career pathways and entry points that are possible.
To give your students a helping hand here are some of the criteria we will be looking for in the best videos:
- The overall Concept for their advertisement - is it clear, factual and relevant?
- Unique Selling Point (USP). Remember the aim is to encourage their peers to further explore careers in the public sector
- Creativity - your advertisement should stand Watch Zainab Boladale's handy tips to out from the crowd!
An action-packed visit to the Defence Forces at Curragh Camp DFTC.
A behind the scenes all access studio tour of TG4.
An expert guided tour of any Office of Public Works Heritage site plus an annual Family Heritage Card!
THE PITCH 21/22 WINNERS
Last years winners of The Pitch had incredible experiential prize days. To see more visit the 21/22 Winner’s Gallery
Entry Deadline is March 10th 2023.
To submit your entry, complete the ONLINE ENTRY FORM